Darumatic is an IT Consultancy that focuses on cloud-native technologies. Our mission is to help clients to "Build better software". We are passionate about working with clients to transform their development and infrastructure teams to become cloud-native. Our supportive culture will open up a variety of opportunities for you to develop your knowledge and skills whilst providing opportunities to connect with a range of IT professional networks. We believe in mutually beneficial professional working relationships and your employment with us is no exception.
For information about us visit https://www.darumatic.com
About the role
Our client is currently seeking a Middleware Services Kafka Engineer to join their team who will managed On Premise Kafka platform located across the global data centres and on Confluent Cloud platform. In this role, you will be working with development teams to migrate Kafka workloads to on premise Kafka solution and to on-board new Kafka requirements. Ensures all system and application changes are approved via the appropriate Change Control methods. Develops and maintain run books for High Availability and Disaster Recovery tests and is responsible for planning and running these tests and handles the implementation of the business applications running in development, test and production environments. This will include installation of applications, releases and patch management as well as upgrades.
Work Type: Permanent
Working Arrangements: Hybrid: 3 days in the office (CBD, NSW SYDNEY) / 2 days remote
Salary Range: $140- $160k + Super + Bonus
- Proactively monitors Middleware/Application Servers to ensure minimum downtime
- Provides regular trend analysis to track Middleware/Application Servers performance and throughput, for capacity planning purposes.
- Responsible for enhancements, maintenance and upgrades to the Middle Tier environments.
- Works with business, development and technical colleagues to manage and implement changes
- Carries out analysis of potential hardware problems prior to contacting third-party support. Escalates problems to third-party support when necessary – acting as a point of contact.
- Analyses and resolves problems when they arise providing details of the resolution in the call logging system. Liaises with users to ensure fast and satisfactory problems resolution.
- Develops automated housekeeping and alerting tasks to reduce the need for manual intervention. Investigates and develops methods for performance optimisation and the prevention of recurring problems.
- Maintains system documentation.
- At least 3 years of experience managing Confluent Cloud and/or on premise Kafka Platforms
- Manage Kafka Cluster build, including Design, Infrastructure planning, High Availability and Disaster Recovery in an Openshift environment.
- Implement encryption using SSL, authentication using SASL/LDAP & authorization using Kafka ACLs in Zookeeper, Broker/Client, Connect cluster/connectors, Schema Registry, REST API, Producers/Consumers, KSQL
- Perform day-to-day administration and support functions including capacity Management, performance, utilization, and health of the cluster.
- Undertake Lifecycle Management across the Kafka on premise environments.
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Research and recommend innovative ways to maintain the environment and ensure automation is undertaken.
- Setting up monitoring tools such as SPLUNK, Prometheus, Grafana to provide metrics from various Kafka cluster components (eg., Broker, Zookeeper, Connect, REST proxy, Mirror Maker, Schema Registry, KSQL)
- Undertake regular assessments of the platform health and stability, create improvement plans and ensure automation/lifecycle management is undertaken.
- Experience with Confluent Cloud.
- Ansible Scripting for automation of Kafka installs hosted on Openshift.
- Experience in Containerisation (Openshift / Kubernetes).
- 3 years plus experience of implementing and supporting high availability on premise Kafka solutions and or managing Confluent Cloud
- Strong knowledge of Kafka, Confluent Cloud, MQ, RedHat Openshift / Kubernetes, Windows, Red Hat Linux, Networking, Active Directory
- Must have a strong understanding of the architectural and operational complexities of solutions deployed within a Middleware environment with hands on experience of many of the following technologies
- IBM MQ
- Good SFTP/FTP/SCP/GoAnywhere
- WebMethods Integration Server & Brokers
- JBoss EAP 7 including JBoss Messaging / Clustering
- Amazon Cloud
- Monitoring/performance tuning
- SSL Certificate management including public key management
- Knowledge of Network topologies and Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS), clustering and virtualisation technologies
- Understanding of and adherence to ITIL Change control procedures.
- Interaction with Oracle / PostgreSQL databases
- Management of disaster recovery testing for the Middleware Services block application and supporting Product Grid block application testing
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying