Darumatic is an IT Consultancy that focuses on cloud-native technologies. Our mission is to help clients to "Build better software".
We are passionate about working with clients to transform their development and infrastructure teams to become cloud-native. Our supportive culture will open up various opportunities for you to develop your knowledge and skills whilst providing opportunities to connect with a range of IT professional networks. We believe in mutually beneficial professional working relationships and your employment with us is no exception.
For information about us visit https://www.darumatic.com
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a project with great social impact. Our client is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join their team. You will focus on supporting, maintaining and developing solutions for Nexus Cloud and back-end Java/AWS/Oracle components. You will work in a small team of highly skilled Java and .Net developers/SME's years of business knowledge that all contribute to the client's in-house support of Nexus.
In this role, you will develop enterprise-grade software using Java and Oracle technologies.
We are looking for someone who is willing to make a big impact and be equipped with good new ideas to benefit the project and the team in the right way.
Daily rate: $1000 to $1150 per day plus super depending on experience
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop/maintain web-based UI using ReactJS, CSS and HTML.
- Design data models, translate to physical data models and implement using Oracle Database
- Implement CRUD operations on the database using Java Object-Relational Mapping frameworks
- Produce and maintain detailed design artefacts & technical specifications
- Create and work with RESTful OpenAPI specifications, SOAP WSDLs, XML Schemas
- Develop and maintain DevOps workflows using Jenkins, Git and Maven & Ant
- Perform and build Nexus software releases following established processes
- Providing advice and support for the Applications Director & CIO
- Provision of on-call services s part of a team roster (calls are rare one per year)
Essential Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 8 years of Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, Hibernate ORM, JEE n advantage, and reactive programming advantage.
- Java Web service development, SOAP and REST APIs, OpenAPI/XSD Schemas, XML/JSON, Spring/SpringBoot.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Bash.
- Maven lifecycle management, continuous integration, Unit and System Integration testing.
- Major database experience, including data modelling, and stored procedures. Oracle preferred,
- Willingness to be 24x7 on-call. Historically calls escalated to the dev team between 10 pm and 6 am are rare one per year.
- Experience with AWS development (EC2, Lambdas, API Gateway, S3/SQS, Cloud Formation).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong commitment to software engineering processes and a proven ability to develop robust and maintainable software.
- A proven ability to document technical processes.
- Implement and maintain automated testing.
- Provide feedback on implementation and design aspects as required from other areas.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures and producing documentation, including detailed design documentation, in accordance with client policies and procedures.
- Work as a member of an integrated Agile team comprising technical and non-technical personnel.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying